A BIG "Thank you" goes out to my friend, the incredibly talented Miss Mustard Seed of Mustard Seed Creations for the generous award of "Honest Scrap"! I may not be a lot of things but gosh darnit, I Am Honest! Maybe too much for a few people.
Here are the Rules that need to be followed upon receiving this award:
Say "thanks" and give a link back to the presenter of this award.
Share "10 Honest Things" about yourself.
Present this award to 7 others whose blogs that you find brilliant in content, /or design, or those who have encouraged you.
Tell those 7 people that they have been awarded the "Honest Scrap" award and inform them of these guidelines.
OK, now on with the show!
- I am the oldest of three children... hence the "Type A- Personality".
- I am an X-Ray tech, but haven't worked in this field in 20 years.
- I started a business 20 years ago where I did stenciling and calligraphy, selling handmade framed pieces. It was relatively successful as I had a spot at the Atlanta Gift Market.
- I am a frustrated artist and love the medium of watercolor.
- My husband and I met at church and only knew each other 4 months when we were married. Yikes!
- We have lived in San Antonio,Texas (where Alyson was born) and Marietta, Georgia (northern suberb of Atlanta) where I left my heart.
- I have a real aversion to clowns or anyone or anything that hides their true feelings or puts on a "show". (Sorry.)
- I want to know the truth even if it hurts. (Do you see a theme here?)
- I really do NOT want to be defined by any illness. That's why I thought long and hard about sharing my recent heart problems.
- About 12 years ago I had a dramatic encounter with God, and it radically changed my life. I love to study and teach the Bible and have written and taught several Bible Studies.
These are the 7 people whose Blogs have inspired me with their great content and encouragement.
They have inspired so many people and some have had awards up to their eyeballs, but what the hey. Like I said, I tell it "Honest"!
I have 2 honorary "blog idols":
Theresa of Garden Antiques Vintage, whose blog I found first and has encouraged me in so many ways, and Debbie of Talking Trash who has been my biggest cheerleader and favorite Nana. (not to mention has caused me to laugh until I fell in the floor!)
- Mindy of Primitiques in Poetry, my first follower
- Jan of Summer Sundays, my friend and blog mentor
- Katie of Ragamuffin Gal, my spiritual sister
- Cindy of Yapping Cat Studio, my creative hero
- Jodie of Everything Vintage, my adorable southern sweetie
- Hayley of Nesting Notions, my English teacher that inspires me
- Jermaine of French Kissed, my friend the world traveler, and designer extraordinare
Thank you everyone, there were so many more!
Have a great Monday, everyone!