So far in the 2& 1/2 years of living here, I've managed to get away with not showing you our Master Bedroom. There are a few reasons why I've not shared it; here are my excuses...
- It's a little on the boring side. I haven't done much to "decorate" this room.
- I'd like to have curtains in here, but it gets too dusty and there's not enough room.
- My husband doesn't like heavy, fussy, or multiple bed linens (aka beautiful, layered, sumptuous). (they hurt his feet if they're too restrictive)
- He hates decorative pillows, and the ones I have on here now have been banished.
- He likes to work on his computer in here...in bed...
mostsome of the day, on the weekends.
- He likes to take frequent long naps.
- I like to take a nap...not so long
- We're both readers and have to have small reading lamps, books, headphones, ipads, ipods, phones, and water bottles, etc. that clutter things up. Not to mention heating pads, pill bottles, handcreams, extra bed and neck pillows, and crazy "it's sun up" alarm clocks.
- We're messy... (thank goodness we don't eat in bed)
- The bed usually doesn't get made other than throwing the comforter back up to the pillows.
- We have a large cat that owns the bed and to discourage free range lounging we keep a cat bed toward the bottom of the bed.
- Did I mention that it's boring in here?
This is the furthest I've gotten with photos and that was 2 years ago. In my defense, I'm happy with a non-fussy masculine approach to bedroom decor. We've used this armoire in several places at our other houses, and now it holds the TV and other miscellaneous linens, papers, boxes, etc.
Here's a pic from the rent house where I used it as a pantry.
The original suite of Bedroom furniture had a Queen size bed, but when we moved we up-sized to a King, and that's been one of the best decisions we've made. I'm a light sleeper, and I don't want to be jostled around by husbands or cats. We needed to get a new mattress, so the timing was good. We found this Sleigh Bed at Haverty's and even though it's not as "curvy and french-y" it was the same wood stain and matched the other pieces. I know some people hate "matchy matchy", but finding furniture that works for nightstands and still looks reasonable is near impossible, especially if you're dealing with limited space. (at least that's been my experience)
Said cat has a problem with hairballs, and even though she's pretty good at depositing them (upchucking) on the floor, there are a few times lately that she hasn't made it.
So our King Size Ralph Lauren quilt has had to be laundered a few times lately and that is an all day fun ordeal. I thought I'd find something to use in here for a backup, but I really like this new set alot better. It's a little more interesting, visually.
I was not going to pay a fortune for a comforter set. not gunna do it. So I hunted and hunted and found this great set at Birch Lane. With their January White Sale, it was a great price, so I ordered it, even though I wasn't sure about the pattern. Kinda crazy out-there for me and Hubbs. Surprise, he liked it... but still kicks it off at night.
so while I'm sharing in here I'll show you the few vintage prints that we are using:
Here's the other side of the room and my dresser,
with a grouping on each side of different sets of vintage prints.
I'm looking for new shades for these buffet-type lamps.
Something in a drum shade in linen or burlap.
Hopefully, that might bring the look a little more up-to-date.
vintage vanity mirror and goodies
This is my little vintage Florentine decoupaged table that was in the bedroom at the other house.
I wish I'd thought about it at the time and painted the walls darker in here,
but back then we were in a whirlwind of painting and I didn't want to rock the boat
by introducing another paint color to confuse everyone.
That's the Japanese trunk my Daddy sent home from his time in the Korean War. I've shared it in the past, and there are a few of you all out there that inherited the same trunk. No chandy in here, just a super efficient ceiling fan to keep us cool in the long humid Midwest summers, when we aren't using the comforter.
I want to add something to the smaller print on the right, (maybe something underneath it) and locate my sconces from the Dining Room that I had in the last house. Believe it or not, but I still have a few boxes that I haven't opened. I think the sconces were accidentally packed with the items from the curio cabinet. Unfortunately, my curio cabinet is being used in my husband's office, but not for my curios.They are still packed away in a box in our storage room. :-)
(this wasn't a sponsored post, just mention of where I purchased the products)
joining in here:
The Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge Farm
Sundays at Home at Little Farmstead
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings
Met Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style