Hi everyone, meet Fran from Eleven-0-One.
Well, technically this isn't Fran, it's her great side porch.
So, this is Fran; isn't she a doll?
(Be sure to go visit Fran, she's super talented.
She paints wonderful French Script Signs,
and a chalk paint dresser re-do that will have you drooling!!)
She has this fabulous screened porch at her lovely home in Florida.
It's right off of her Living Room with two beautiful French doors,
one on either side of the fireplace.
Here are a few of Fran's thoughts on this makeover:
- I've challenged myself to redecorate on a dime!
- Painting furniture is definitely within my abilities so that is an option.
- I want it to flow well from my living room and the accent colors there are red, gold and green.
- I love the pots at Heaven's Walk and would like something similar in English and I'd like some low maintenance plants that won't cover up the pots. (Could use some advice on what plants take low light.)
- I also make signs and although I paint lots of French signs to sell, I want to paint something with an old American style advertisement or a fun saying. I just haven't found the perfect one or a saying that I think reflects our personalities.
- Need some lighting for evening ambiance. We need to replace the outdoor light (probably with a ceiling fan but it has to be small).
Fran has used text on her photos, I love this!
It really helps to head us in the direction that's desired.
A punch of color for the porch swing?
This is the back of the fireplace,
so her husband has nixed painting it.
She needs ideas of how to make this
"less of a yellow-orange huge expanse of brick"
And a concrete floor that takes a lot of abuse from the elements.
What about a rug?
She has great wicker pieces,
but questions about repainting and fabric for the cushions.
This is a fun project,
let's share some good advice to make this space
a comfortable inviting "room" to relax.
Comments are open to all!
Thanks so much, Fran, for sharing your
Design Challenge with us!
And if YOU would like to share a Design Challenge with us,
be sure and email me.
Please just make sure you label it as "Design Challenge" on the email.
I'm trying to keep everything separated so I don't lose anyone.
The response has been great,
but I'm always open to projects.